Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shopping Saturday - April 1917

For today's Daily Blogging Prompt at Geneabloggers, I decided to do something different.  I was over at Chronicling America looking for the birth of my grandmother in the Vital Record's section of the newspapers.  She was born 31 Mar 1917.   It was then that I decided to see if there were any advertisements, and there were for lots of things.  With Easter around the corner at the time, I decided to go with clothing.  I'm trying to imagine my great grandmother wearing dresses and hats like this.

The Washington Herald, April 02, 1917




The Washington Herald, April 01, 1917



4 comments:

  1. Welcome to GeneaBloggers!

    Regards, Grant Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure can't beat the pricing! :-)
    I love the old ads.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By today's cost of things, these sure seem really cheap, then I remember how much they probably made and it all balances out. But I love looking at the ads also.

      Delete

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...