Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - Bernard J. Hennings & Annie C. Gleasner (1913)

My 2x great grandfather, Bernard Hennings, married for the third time on June 5, 1913 in Washington, DC.  His bride was Annie C. Gleasner, of Washington, DC.  Bernard was 49 and Annie was 29.  It was Annie's first marriage.  Here is his application for a marriage license and record of marriage.



What I found amusing about this document was in the section where he had to indicate his former marriages. Instead of just saying two, he wrote "Two Dead".  I don't know why I found that amusing, but I did.  It's sad though.

Here is the only picture I have of the two of them.  I don't know when it was taken, but Bernard died about 6 years after they were married, and as far as I know right now, they had no children together.  I'm assuming this picture was taken in front of the house they lived in.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...