Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday's Obituary - Benjamin Franklin Lusby


This is the obituary of my great grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Lusby.  I've always referred to him as Poppy.  He was my dad's grandfather, and he has fond memories of staying with him in the summers down in Lively, Virginia in Lancaster County.  Unfortunately, I was 5 years old when he died, and have no real memory of him.  But my parents do have a picture or two of him that I recently scanned.  I've enjoyed learning about his life as I research the Lusby branch of my family tree.

The Washington Post, June 1968

Here's a picture of him with his first wife, Edith Irene, in the early 1940's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...