Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - Daniel Tanton

In memory of DANIEL
TANTON, by Firing off a
Gun it Burst the Breech
of which sunk in his Head
where it remained 9 weeks
on extraction of which He
expired ye 29 Jan 1797
aged 17 years

Daniel Tanton is the youngest son of William Tanton and Elizabeth Pearse.  He was born 16 July 1779 in Bideford, Devon, England and died 29 Jan 1797 in St. Giles in the Wood, Devon, England. He had 6 brothers and 1 sister.

Daniel's brother, George Tanton, is my 4th great grandfather, which makes Daniel my 4th great grand uncle.  I'm related to the Tanton's on my mother's side.  George eventually emigrated to Prince Edward Island, Canada in 1819.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...