Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - Frank W. Raitz

Today is Tombstone Tuesday, one of the many blogging prompts over at Geneabloggers.  Today, I'm sharing the tombstone of my paternal 2x great grandfather.  He is the father of my great grandmother, Edith Irene (Raitz) Lusby.

Photo courtesy of Dayle Durrer Dooley

All I know about Frank is that he was born about 1859 in Germany and died on 14 Feb 1930 in Washington, DC.  He's buried, with his wife, Frances May (Thompson) Raitz at Congressional Cemetery.  He immigrated to the United states about 1863 at the age of 4 (I haven't been able to find him on a passenger list yet and I don't know who his parents are).  The first census I've been able to find him on is the 1900 census.  If he did arrive in the 1860's, I should be able to find him on the 1870 and 1880 census.  I also have no clue as to what port they arrived at.

If anyone reading this has any connection to Frank Raitz or his wife, please contact me.  Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...